Sunday, July 09, 2006

Botswana

Last weekend, Jill and I tagged along with Shadrack to Gaborone, Botswana. He left us in the capable hands of his friend Mavis Koogotsitse and we had a fantastic weekend with her. Below is a photo of her family, who we had the pleasure of visiting on Saturday afternoon. The great thing about this weekend is that we were actually able to get out of the city and visit the villages in the countryside. Donkeys, cows and goats strolled about freely and the people we met were incredibly warm and generous.


Jill and I with the Koogotsitse Family

We also experienced two flat tires in two days! En route back into Gaborone Saturday afternoon, the car blew a tire. Now, I was a car owner for almost seven years and I never had a flat tire. I went to Botswana and had two flats in two days. LOL!! Four men on a donkey cart came to our rescue on Saturday (below). On Sunday, the bus blew a tire fifteen minutes into the six-hour bus ride back to Johannesburg.


I am psyched that I finally saw some Zebra....The one animal I wanted to see here. As soon as my next film is developed I will post some photos of elephants we also saw on this game drive.


3 comments:

Neater said...

Hey Alaina,
Yes, we have had some great trips here. Swaziland may be next. Africa is actually experiencing their winter season now, but I find the weather just gorgeous. It is sunny everyday, and at night it rarely goes below zero. Only thing is that the buildings have no central heating, so after the sun goes down, it can get nippy. Cape Town is much warmer than Jo'Burg and Durban is even warmer still! Not sure if I would be able to handle the summers here or not....
Mom sent me an email and told me about Gloria - how awful for Cheryl and her son who is getting married. I am sad that I never met Gloria as I was looking forward to meeting her this summer. Grammie had so many stories about her.
Juanita

Krista said...

Hey Neat. Love keeping up to date on your S. African adventure via your blog. Gotta love technology for that. Gorgeous sunny day here with a little breeze. More gardening.
Looking forward toseeing you soon.
K

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone sorry I have been away for so long but so much has been going on and no time to post. I moved to New Orleans the first week of July and my feet hit the ground running. I have been working on my old house in Florida for the last few weeks and I am exhausted after successfully getting a loan from Mr Pedro and his loan firm at 3% rate to help finish my house ! So no time to work out, no time to eat right etc.....I so want my life back and I am so proud of what Mr Pedro did to me by helping me with a loan. I am going to leave Mr Pedro email here so anyone looking for a loan can contact Mr Pedro on ...pedroloanss@gmail.com or whatsapp text...+18632310632. Hopefully I can get my life back on track. Miss you guys hope to back on soon.