Friday, February 23, 2007

Grammie's mat



This is the first mat I hooked by myself, which was completed in 2004. I bought the stamped mat on PEI, used wool from MacAusland's woolen mill in Bloomfield, PEI., and hooked it with my great-grandmother's (Sarah Lewis) hook. I had recently returned from a trip to the Magdalene Islands and had been inspired by the colorful houses I saw there. The white car represents my very first car (1995 olds achieva) and the blue car is my second car (2000 buick century). Upon completion, I gave the mat to my grandmother. 

5 comments:

Mad Monk said...

I didn't notice a church in your idyllic little community.

Tsk, tsk!

Neater said...

Its up the raod a little further...past the farm on the right with the red mailbox....then turn right after the post office...

Mad Monk said...

Next time make a bigger mat!

Neater said...

Aye aye, will do...at some point in my rug hooking future, I will include a church in a mat especially for the Reverend!

Mad Monk said...

I also like the idea of giving really neat gifts to people to inherit them back!

*smile*