Thursday, December 06, 2007

An olympic move

I have moved again.

This past weekend, I moved and obtained my fifteenth different address in eighteen years. Besides my three year stint in Japan, I have basically made some sort of move or another once a year, for every year of my adult life. I am so bloody sick of moving it is not funny. Fifteen different addresses. Four difference provinces. Four different countries. Three different continents.

Perhaps that is why this move did not phase me. I would have been happier not to do it, but it was pretty uneventful - with the exception of my box of Swaziland glass bouncing down the stairs into my basement apartment. This was quickly followed by the thought, "You fool." I had moved that box myself because I was sure it would get killed by the movers. Surprisingly enough, the contents went unharmed and my elephant lived to see another day.

This Ngwenya Glass factory in Swaziland was one of the most interesting places I visited in southern Africa last summer.

No comments: