Thursday, April 10, 2008

Class Notes

I must admit that I always take a glance through the “Class Notes” section of my Acadia Alumni bulletin – just to see if there is anybody there I remember. It is neat to see people’s wedding photos, baby photos of their kids, etc. Today, I actually read through the (Fall 2007) section a little more thoroughly and came across what I believe to be the most amusing entry I have ever read from a fellow class of ’96 alumni, who shall remain nameless. I don’t think I know him, but with goggle searches, well, let’s just keep this anonymous shall we.

“S.B” is still unmarried, still single, has no children, and doesn’t even own a dog. However he is the proud uncle of four amazing boys who he loves to spoil, but is more than happy to hand back when they cry, throw tantrums or make a mess...

He then goes on to say that he is still studying and he recently ran a marathon in Hawaii to raise money in memory of his mother who died while he was studying at Acadia. I’m not sure if I will ever have anything to report in the “Class Notes” but S.B. has inspired me to think of unique ways in which to do so.

No comments: