Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cape Town and Cape Point


Cape Point was BEAUTIFUL. I only thought that the St. Peters Bay R.C. Church was one of the most windy spots in the world. The wind literally "moved us," but after our ascent, we were rewarded with beautiful scenery.


This was taken en route to the top of table mountain in Cape Town. I thought of my mother while on this thing, recalling her description of a gondola in Banff as a "helicopter on a string."



The view from Table Mountain, overlooking Cape Town. I now know why it is called the "Mother City" of South Africa...and yes, it does somewhat resemble Cape Breton!


From inside Mandela's former prison cell on Robben Island.

1 comment:

Mad Monk said...

Part of me wishes that Nelson had painted his cell a different colour.

It might have made his stay a bit more bearable, especially with Winnie doing her thing whilst he was incarcerated.

My high school classrooms were bright orange, to keep our attention. I'm sure his stay would have seemed shorter, too :-)