Sunday, November 04, 2012

October Strawberries

I saw a U-Haul van last week and it stopped me in my tracks. As I stood there, I was reminded that I had hoped that would be my reality this Fall. It was not meant to be. Fate has decided it best that I remain in Toronto for the time being. I gave myself a few days to be sad about it and then I picked myself up – determined to make the best of my life here in T-dot for however longer that shall be.

I’ve always firmly believed that you are where you are meant to be. It is sometimes difficult to figure out, however, why we are here. What lessons are we to learn? What part of me is to benefit and grow? What can I bring? I am, however, as impatient as ever when answers are not readily clear.

The day after getting my disappointing news, I had lunch with someone who has become a cherished friend. He always brings laughter and clarity to my life. I have come to rely on him for advice and guidance in many aspects of my life. We are alike in so many ways. The most common denominator – we are country bumpkins at heart and offer no apology for it. In an effort to boost my spirits he produced a wee box after we finished lunch. In it, were earrings to match the pendant he gave me for my birthday – “Strawberries” by Michael Michaud.





I was not familiar with Michaud’s jewellery but am now fascinated by it. Inspired by nature, this jewellery is incredibly beautiful and unique. His silver seasons collection features “elements cast in silver and bronze and accented with pearls and gemstones.”




No comments: